Here’s the basic outline of the OAuth aggregation flow.
- List the institutions and find those that support OAuth.
In the integrations environment, you must always use
- Create an OAuth member with
If you’re developing a mobile app, you’ll also need to set
"client_redirect_url": "your://custom.redirect/url"; you can set the redirect URL to any string, but we’ll use
https://mx.comin this guide.
- Load the
oauth_window_urithat was returned when you created a member.
- You must open this URI in the device’s default browser.
- The end user will interact with the institution’s OAuth page and decide what data to share with MX.
- If successful, aggregation will automatically begin.
- Check the member’s status, and keep checking until you see an end state.
If you see
"is_aggregating": falseand the
successfully_aggregated_atfield has updated to the current time, the aggregation is complete.
- Get the user’s account and transaction data.
Now that you understand the overall workflow, review our guides about using OAuth in mobile apps or browsers.